Brighton’s Community Cycle Workshop
BUY – FIX – RIDE – DONATE
26b St Martin’s Place, Brighton BN2 3LE
Open Tuesday to Saturday, 11am – 6pm (11am-5pm during winter).
Visit us on Facebook here
We’re a volunteer-run project, off Brighton’s Lewes Road, working to reduce waste and enable members of the community to access affordable cycling by providing:
- Free access to tools and workshop space for DIY repairs (donations appreciated)
- Affordable new and used parts
- Advice and support from our volunteer team
- A choice of refurbished bikes at bargain prices
- Occasional training workshops
- Group rides
Please note: We no longer offer paid repairs or services. We encourage you to come down and take advantage of our Do It Yourself space. We are always up for helping anyone, including complete beginners, learn how to fix their bikes.
Brighton Bike Hub is actively working for a zero-carbon future and is supported with funding from Rampion Offshore Wind’s Community Benefit Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund
Volunteer with us
Could you spare four hours a week to help us repair and sell bikes?
If you can commit a few hours each week to support our DIY maintenance sessions, to help refurbish bikes or to help out on stalls at events, we’d love to hear from you. Experience with working on bikes is great but not essential.
If you would like to volunteer with us, please do get in touch.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 07944 152706 or drop in to see us or fill out our application and registration form here –
Tuesday to Saturday
Summer (April-Oct): 11-6pm
Winter (Nov-Mar): 11am – 5pm
Brighton Bike Hub is committed to contributing to the transition away from fossil fuels and car dependency toward low-impact forms of transport like cycling. Reducing carbon emissions, improving air quality and making our streets more people and planet-friendly, while getting around more cheerfully. We are also committed to enabling those on a low income to enjoy the benefits of cycling.
We welcome donations of bikes. We refurbish these to make available for resale at affordable prices. Any bikes we can’t repair are stripped for useful parts and then sent for recycling. We also recycle unuseable tyres and inner tubes as part of the national Velorim programme. Each year we team up with Cycling UK as part of the Big Bike Revival offering free ‘Dr Bike’ check-ups and training opportunities.
Brighton Bike Hub is working in partnership with or funded by:
- Rampion Offshore Wind
- National Lottery Communities Fund
- Cycling UK
- Big Bike Revival programme
- Brighton & Hove City Council Communities Fund
- Brighton & Hove Community Works
We are one of many great projects promoting cycling in Brighton and Hove, including:
- Bricycles – the Brighton & Hove cycle campaigning group
- Cranks – Another DIY cycle community workshop
- Bike for Life South – Cycle training
- Journey On – the City Council journey planning service
- Brighton Bikeshare – Brighton’s public bike hire scheme
- Brighton Bike Tours – Cycle hire & guided tours of the city and beyond
- Brighton Multicultural Women’s Cycle Club (the ‘BMWs’) – cycle training & social rides
- Old Shoreham Road Bike Train – Group rides for kids to schools along OSR every Friday